Q. Are you a publisher?
A. No. We work with lots of publishers and authors, but we have no plans to publish books of our own. We focus on book design and production.
Q. I’m an author. Can you help me?
A. Yes. We can manage your design and production if you have decided to self-publish. If you also need editorial help we can set you up with an editor, copy-editor, or proofreader. For advice on publishing and marketing strategy, we can refer you to one of our tried and trusted partners. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how we could help.
Q. I’m a publisher. Why should I outsource to you?
A. Outsourcing gives you the flexibility to hire an extra pair of hands, only when you need them most, whether that’s due to staff illness or annual leave, increased workload, or looming deadlines. We’re here for those times when you need a manuscript proofread urgently, your typesetter is off sick, or the freelance designer you rely on has gone AWOL. Perhaps you’re hoping to PODify your backlist, but keep delaying it because your team needs to focus on getting new titles out on time. It could be that you’re just juggling too many projects at once and need to offload one or two to a team you can trust to deliver, on time and on budget. We offer:
- A dedicated team of freelancers with dozens of years of combined experience in publishing.
- We have bases in London and Wales, but we all usually work from home. So, our overheads are very low, and that allows us to provide the most cost-efficient service possible.
- Unlike hiring a member of staff, you don’t need to factor in benefits packages, holiday allowance, or sick days when you work with us.
- We’re a boutique organisation able to provide a tailored service for each client and project.
- We pay our team properly and take pride in our work, providing you with consistent, quality results.
- Here when you need us most, we are a UK-based company and keep to UK hours.
- We rely on word of mouth for the majority of new clients that come our way, so making you happy is our top priority.
Q. How much do you charge?
A. If your project is small and simple, we’ll suggest a small project fee. For more complex assignments we want to make sure we understand your needs exactly, so we’ll discuss the details with you before providing two or three options for you to consider.
We like to make everything as transparent and as flexible as possible, so we break down all your options, and present the fees for the various services, so you’re fully informed before we start. No hidden costs or nasty surprises down the line. Email us at email@example.com to tell us about your project, request our price guide or arrange an informal chat.